Search Engine Optimization
SEO is the process of building a website that is search engine friendly. Search Engine Optimization provides the lowest-cost traffic to your site but results generally take months to show up.
Search Engine Optimization vs Pay Per Click Management
(SEO vs PPC)
Points in Favour of SEO
- The top search engines do not want to cheat their users by providing only paid results.
- Search engines earn their trust, and hence their traffic and subsequent revenues, by attempting to provide objective information, and advertising is inherently biased.
- Another advantage of SEO over PPC is stability
- This can be considered as an advantage over PPC, PPC positions continuously change according to your competitors' bidding tactics, while SEO is much more stable.
- It gives a psychological advantage over sponsored links. When a person sees the sponsored listings, he knows that the link is there because the company paid money to the search engine to advertise there. But when he sees a site within the normal search result page he thinks it is because of the quality of the site.
- Has the highest conversion rate and best ROI of any online marketing method.
- Over the long-term is much cheaper than pay per click. Produces long-lasting results - good optimisation can last for a year or more.
- A major reason that SEO should be your first priority is that it is more cost-effective than PPC.
- Basically same or more than the cost for SEO.
- Finally, "Click Fraud" is a growing problem that further reduces PPC's ROI relative to SEO.
Pay Per Click Management
PPC (Pay per Click) or CPC(Cost per Click) is that amount which you are paying each time someone clicks on your link. You select a keyword and bid on it. The highest bidder gets the ad displayed on the top.
Points in Favour of PPC
- A pay per click campaign is the fastest way to drive traffic to your site and is often used to get traffic while the results of your SEO efforts kick in.
- You can get visitor traffic in as little as an hour after setup.
- Great for testing new product ideas or the effectiveness of ads quickly.
- Easy to measure and track performance and effectiveness.
- PPC prices are constantly increasing, often beyond positive ROI for your most important phrases, while SEO listings are free.
Combination of SEO & PPC
- Perfect interim measure until your SEO results show up in the search engines.
- PPC, Great to target a large number of low-bid-cost (niche) keywords.
- PPC, Great for testing new product ideas or the effectiveness of ads quickly.
- PPC, Excellent for seasonal sales or other time-dependent promotions.
For a successful campaign we need to have a balance in the SEO and the PPC techniques.
Some Useful Links