"Viral Marketing is the marketing technique that uses pre-existing social networks to produce increase in brand awareness, or to achieve other marketing goals."
It can also be told as the type of marketing in which customers are involved in the promotion of the products, which leads to the company's exponential growth. Viral Marketing is also known by the name as "word-of-mouth," "creating a buzz," "leveraging the media," "network marketing."
Viral Marketing is word-of-mouth marketing on the Internet. Offline viral marketing is generally referred to as "word-of-mouth marketing".
Characteristics of Viral Marketing
- The main characteristics of Viral Marketing is it uses existing social networks.
- The marketing messages encourages the individuals to pass on to others.
- It leads to increase sales by increase in the brand awareness, and to achieve the marketing objectives.
Elements of Viral Marketing
- Give Something - Give something away as the part of the successful marketing campaign. Offer some valuable products, ideas or services which the user likes.
- Easy Transfer - The transfer of the product or services should be easily accessible. It should be one click download or forwarding viz email to the other.
- Utilizing the Pre-Existing Network - Place your messages into existing communications to multiply.
- Learn Consumer Behavior - Design a marketing strategy, thinking about the consumer behavior patterns. One should always remember that Viral Marketing is all about being liked by people because either they need that product or service or offer or they get pride in getting associated with it.
Some Useful Links